Our History

Morning Star Full Gospel Assembly emerged from the Morning Star Baptist Church (M.S.B.C.).  Reverend William Hooper founded the M.S.B.C. in 1932.

The church’s first location was on 98th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues in Manhattan, New York.  It was relocated to 101st Street between Lexington and Third Avenues.  It was there, in 1975, where the church board asked Minister Charles Harris to accept the pastorate of their small congregation. 

In 1977, M.S.B.C. relocated to 345 Lenox Avenue, Harlem, New York and was dedicated under Pastor Harris’ leadership.  As Pastor Harris taught, consistently under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit, and the people received more in-depth Biblical instruction, the church’s name was modified to Morning Star Baptist Church of the Apostolic Faith. 

The church grew from 50 to approximately 300 members and, in 1989; we were blessed to purchase our own church building in the Bronx, New York.  As Pastor Harris continued to teach and preach the unadulterated Gospel in love, many people from varied religious backgrounds or cultures were drawn to the ministry.  Thus, our church name was changed to Morning Star Full Gospel Assembly (M.S.F.G.A.)

To date, M.S.F.G.A. has over 600 active members, and is a catalyst for 18 Sunday School classes as well as over 15 in-house and outreach ministries.  In August 2001, this local assembly completed a million-dollar-plus expansion project, adding a three-story annex to the edifice at 464 East Tremont Avenue.